Referring your patients with Gloucester Outpatient Service
It’s easy to refer a patient to the treatment centres. However, before you do so, please check the following referral criteria as we will not be able to treat patients within the following categories.
- under 16 years of age
- high suspicion of cancer
- clinical emergencies
- unstable ASA 3 (i.e. poorly controlled co-morbidities)
- BMI of 42 for general/regional anaesthetic or 45 for local anaesthetic (under 160 kgs and able to transfer independently)
- patients with co-morbidities who have a high likelihood of requiring HDU or ITU back up after treatment
Making a referral
Patients can be referred to us in a number of ways. Where possible please use our referral forms below.
- online via Choose and Book
- by email to referrals.careukagw.nhs.net
- by calling 0117 906 1800
- by faxing 0117 906 1950
- by post to Patient Booking Team, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre, The Brooms, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FH
For more information about referring to Gloucester Health Access Centre, download our referral guide.